Worcester Man Arrested for Stealing a Car, Distributing Crystal Meth
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Phisath Saphirak, 43, was charged with Operating a motor vehicle with a revoked License, 4th or Subsequent Offense and for Operating a motor vehicle without Authority.
Following a search of the car, he was additionally charged with 2 counts of Possession of Class B Substance, 2 Counts of Possession of Class B Substance with the Intent to Distribute and Possession of Burglarious Tools.
Saphirak also had four outstanding arrest warrants in effect for past motor vehicle and narcotic offenses
On Sunday, October 15, at approximately 7:06 a.m., two Worcester Police officers were on routine patrol, traveling east on Myrtle Street. At this time, the officers saw a 1991 Toyota Camry traveling west on Myrtle Street. Both officers recognized the car as stolen because they filled out the report on October 13, 2017.
The officers turned their marked police cruiser around and began to follow the Toyota. While following the car they re-entered the registration plate to confirm that it was still listed as stolen. The car did come back as a stolen. At this time the officers activated their emergency lights and stopped the vehicle in the area of 52 High Street.
Officers approached the driver and asked for his license. The driver, Saphirak, stated that he did not have a license. Officers checked the license status and it came back as revoked.
Saphirak was removed from the vehicle and placed under arrest.
A search incident to arrest of Saphirak produced a small metal breath mint container. Inside the container officers discovered eight small clear plastic baggies. Two baggies contained some residue of Crystal Methamphetamine, two other baggies contained large crystals of Methamphetamine, a Class B substance, while the remaining baggies contained pills that are believed to be Ecstasy. Ecstasy is also a Class B Substance.
A search of the car produced a key chain that contained four alter keys that are used to breach locking mechanisms to cars.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award