Worcester Man Charged With DUI in Wrong Way Crash on Rt. 146 in Rhode Island
Sunday, April 30, 2017
The Worcester man, Aleksandro Mihali, 22, was charged with three counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and or drugs resulting in serious bodily injury, as well as reckless driving. The charges come according to Rhode Island State Police Captain Matthew Moynihan.
The crash is still under investigation.
The investigation showed that Mihali was traveling south in the northbound lanes of Route 146 as he entered Rhode Island from Massachusetts, Moynihan said. While traveling in the wrong direction in the high-speed lane, his car, a 1987 Cadillac, collided head-on with a Honda Accord approximately 800 feet south of the state line.
The Accord was traveling north in the high-speed lane at the time of the crash, Moynihan said. The driver, Gabriela Reyes, 19, of 11 Mt. Pleasant Ave., Boston, and a passenger in her car, Sonia Sandy, 21, of 6 Arthur St., Worcester, were both taken by local rescue squads to Rhode Island Hospital with serious injuries.
Mihali and a passenger in his car, identified as Poliana Kristani, 23, also of 4 Zenith Dr., Worcester, also were taken by rescue to Rhode Island Hospital with serious injuries.
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday