Worcester Man Dies Following Motorcycle Accident on Francis Street
Monday, July 17, 2017
According to police, the name of the victim will not be released at this time until all proper notifications have been made with family members.
This investigation remains active.
On Saturday, July 15, at approximately 7:50 p.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 32 Francis Street for a report of a motorcycle accident that involved a collision with a parked car. Upon the officers arrival they saw a 35-year-old Worcester man on the front lawn. The man was suffering from serious injuries and was transported to a local hospital as a priority one patient. The man was subsequently pronounced dead at approximately 8:24 p.m.
Members of the WPD Crash Reconstruction Unit responded to the scene and took charge of the investigation.
The preliminary investigation indicates that the operator of the motorcycle was traveling on Francis Street and struck a 2006 Mitsubishi that was parked in the southbound lane. The motorcycle, a 2004 Kawasaki came to a final rest facing north on the sidewalk in the southbound side of the road.
As part of the investigation, both vehicles were towed to police headquarters for mechanical inspections.
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- MA State Police and DA for Worcester County Investigating Death of Aaron Hernandez
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Details of Aaron Hernandez’s Death Revealed in State Police Report
- Worcester Man Arrested by State Police for Trafficking 38.5 Grams of Cocaine
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Baker Files Legislation to Increase Penalties for Assault of Police Officers
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Baker Awards Grants to Fitchburg, Leominster Police to Fight Opioid Abuse
- The Best States to be a Police Officer - See Where MA Ranks
- Police to Step up Enforcement of Seat Belts During Click it or Ticket Campaign
- Reckless Driver Causes Serious Car Accident on Lake Ave Then Fights Police
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Drunk Driver Spits on Police Officer After Arrest for Leaving Scene of Accident
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- 6 Men Arrested in Worcester for Offering Sex for a Fee to Police Officer
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Gang Member Arrested Following Fight With Police
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe