Worcester Man Stabbed During Fight in St. Shaw’s Supermarket Parking Lot
Monday, August 06, 2018
The man’s injuries are expected to be non-life threatening.
Police are still in search of a suspect.
On August 3, at approximately 9:00 p.m., Worcester Police responded to the Shaw’s Supermarket located at 14 W. Boylston Street for a report of 6 to 7 people fighting in the parking lot. Responding officers were told that one of the combatants was in possession of a knife.
Officers arrived at the scene and could not locate a fight. After searching the area with negative results the officers cleared the scene.
At approximately 5:37 p.m., police dispatchers received a call from a local hospital reporting that a stabbing victim had arrived in the emergency room. Officer’s responded to the emergency room to speak with the victim. The victim was identified as a 20-year-old Worcester resident. The victim received a stab wound from the fight in the parking lot of the supermarket. It appears at this time that the victim received a non-life threatening injury.
Officers were able to speak with the victim. The officers were told that he and a friend arrived at the supermarket in his car. The victim was exiting his car when he was approached by a man that was verbally confrontational. The two began to fight; meanwhile, a second man approached from behind and entered the fight. The victim’s friend, still inside the car, saw the two on one fight so he exited the car and entered the fight to help his friend. At this time other men entered the fight. Outnumbered, the victim and his friend were able to get back into his car and drive away. A few minutes after leaving the area the victim realized that he had been stabbed and drove himself to a nearby hospital.
WPD detectives arrived at the emergency room and took over the investigation. At this time the altercation does not appear random.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation is ongoing, if anyone has information about this incident they can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web-based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him