Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
Monday, June 13, 2016
The victim was not injured and police are still searching for a suspect.
On Saturday, June 11 at approximately 2:30 a.m., Worcester Police received a repot of an armed assault with a firearm that had just happened in the driveway of a Hamilton Street address. After the assault, the victim fled the area and called police from a friends house.
When police arrived, they spoke with the victim of the assault. The victim reported that upon arriving home he pulled into his driveway and stopped his vehicle. Before he could exit the vehicle, the victim was approached by a large black male in his 20's with short hair wearing a light colored t-shirt. The victim stated that the male banged on his driver's side window with a firearm and motioned for the victim to roll down the window. At the same time. the suspect was yelling and swearing at the victim.
The victim did not roll down his windows but put his vehicle in reverse instead and fled the scene. As the victim fled, the suspect fired several rounds in his direction. The victim proceeded to a friend's nearby address where he called police.
Officers on scene inspected the victim's vehicle and saw that it had been struck by two bullets. Officers also responded to the location of the initial assault and discovered ballistic evidence.
Worcester Police Crime Scene Unit responded and processed both the scene of the assail and the victim's vehicle. The victim was not injured.
Police Asking For Help
The Investigation is ongoing.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding the incident to send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD and your message or send a web based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street
- Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police Arrest 6 on Drug Related Charges
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Serious Penn Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Home Invasion on Scott Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Hit & Run on Belmont Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chester Street Home
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash