Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
Monday, July 18, 2016
The officer was taken to a local hospital to get treatment for his injuries. The injury required stitches to close the wound. He has since been released and is recovering.
The male is being charged with violation of a restraining order, trespassing, resisting arrest, assault and battery on a police officer, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, attempted murder, mayhem, and threatening to commit a crime.
On Sunday, July 17 at 4 a.m. Worcester Police responded to a Grand Street apartment for a report of domestic threatening and a restraining order violation.
When officers arrived, they met with a 23-year-old female victim who told the police that her ex-boyfriend, a 30-year-old man from Worcester was threatening her over the phone and continued to do so, telling her not to call the police. The victim also told police that she had an active restraining order against her ex boyfriend.
While police were talking tot he victim, her ex boyfriend showed up on the scene. Police tooled the man that he was under arrest for violation of a restraining order. The man attempted to pull away from the officer and reached toward his pocket.
The officer tackled the man to the ground but he continued to rest and was able to get up and try to run away.
A second Worcester police officer entered the lobby to assist and both officers tackled the man to the ground where he began to fight again. During the fight, one of the officers observed the male now had a steak knife in his hand.
The officer told the man to stop resisting and top the knife but he refused to do so.
During the fight, the suspect was able to stab one of the officers in the far with the knife. The officers continued to fight with the suspect and were eventually able to ease him. They then took him into custody.
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Worcester Police Officer Daige Honored by Red Sox for Pan Mass Challenge Effort
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty