Worcester Police to Enhance Effort to Prevent Underage Drinking
Monday, January 07, 2019
To do this, they will be conducting several programs over the Course of the next year and also target establishments that over-serve patrons.
“The goal is to use enforcement practices that will help to prevent access to alcohol by minors and to ensure that alcohol establishments are following proper laws, regulations, and procedures with regard to serving age appropriate patrons,” said Worcester police in their press release.
During the year, members of the Worcester Police Alcohol Enforcement Unit will conduct various underage alcohol compliance stings and surveillance activities.
The Alcohol Enforcement Unit expects business establishments to adhere to the laws of the commonwealth and watch for fake IDs and minors attempting to purchase alcohol.
Underage Drinking in U.S.
According to the Center for Disease Control, underage drinking is responsible for more than 4,300 annual deaths among underage youth.
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police Investigating Vehicle Vandalism in Lincoln Street Area
- Worcester Police Investigating Break-in at Vernon Park’s Little League Field Houses
- Worcester Police Offer Series of Holiday Safety Tips
- Worcester Police Investigating Gunshots in Area of Houghton Street
- Worcester Police Dept. Awarded Grant to Reduce Impaired Driving
- Worcester Police Investigating Everard Street Home Invasion
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate
- NEW: Rosie O’Donnell Reportedly Engaged to Worcester Police Girlfriend
- Worcester Police Investigate Suspicious Device on Dorchester Street
- Man Arrested After Threatening Worcester Police Officer With Knife