NEW: Worcester State Named Top Public Regional University by US News
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Based on its 2013 Top Colleges rankings, US News has now compared the nation's public institutions to each other in this sub-ranking. Worcester State, which ranked #133 overall among Regional Universities/North, was named #45 among Public Regional Universities/North.
The nation's two best public national universities, according to the rankings, are in California. The University of California--Berkeley ranked #1, followed by the UCLA at #2. Rounding out the Top 5 were the University of Virginia, tied with UCLA for #2, the University of Michigan--Ann Arbor at #4, and the University of North Carolina--Chapel Hil at #5.
The Northern Region's Top public universities for 2013, according to US News, are the College of New Jersey at #1, SUNY--Geneseo at #2, and Rowan University in Glassboro, NJ, at #3.
To see all the rankings of public colleges, go here.
- Worcester State University Offers Free Tax Preparation
- BREAKING: Deal Struck for Worcester State Hospital Clock Tower
- NEW: Worcester State to Honor Distinguished Alumni
- Pulitzer Prize Winner Speaks at Worcester State
- Worcester State Explores the Challenges of Urban Education
- Worcester State Football Excited About Young Talent