Youth Jobs Coalition’s Candidates Forum to Focus on Employment of Teens
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
"While about 2,000 young people in Worcester are eligible for a YouthWorks job, last year only about 300 were employed through the program. We need to do better," said the Central Mass Youth Jobs Coalition in their press release.
The event will take place on Wednesday, October 17 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Worcester Youth Center.
The Forum will focus specifically on the YouthWorks line item in the State budget. YouthWorks is the primary vehicle for youth summer jobs for low-income youth of color. In the past year, YouthWorks funding employed nearly 300 young people in summer and year-round jobs.
The Forum will serve as an opportunity to hear where the Candidates for the 17th Worcester District stand regarding YouthWorks funding as well as the importance of youth employment in general.
- Recreation Worcester and Summer Youth Corp to Kick-Off on Tuesday
- Worcester Running Contest to Name Summer Youth Program
- Worcester Youth Leadership Institute Readies For Summer Program
- Robert Kraft, AG Healey Team up to Launch Youth Violence Prevention Program
- Worcester Awarded $25,000 Grant for Youth Violence Prevention Initiative
- Letter to the Editor: In Support of the Healthy Youth Act
- Worcester Chamber Music Society Receives $5000 Grant to Benefit Urban Youth
- Worcester High School Senior Receives Scholarship from Greendale Mall & Simon Youth Foundation
- Worcester Pride to Host First Annual Youth Dance
- Youth Opportunities Upheld Inc. To Host Pops Concert
- Worcester Center for Crafts Announces Start of Youth Classes
- Worcester to Launch Recreation Program, Youth Jobs Initiative
- Worcester County League of Sportsmen’s Clubs Announces Youth Outreach Events
- Horowitz: Stepped up Protests and Higher Youth Turnout Fuels Democratic Optimism
- Worcester Youth Orchestra to Hold Auditions for 71st Season
- Youth Worker Institute to Host Graduation Ceremony on May 1
- Worcester County League of Sportsmen’s Clubs to Hold Youth Outreach Day
- Worcester Plagued By Youth/Gang Crime
- Shrewsbury Youth Hockey to Host 1st Annual Pond Hockey Tournament
- Clark University and Councilman King Celebrate Youth Worker Training Institute 2016 Graduation
- Youth Jobs Coalition’s Candidates Forum to Focus on Employment of Teens
- Worcester State’s MLK Jr. Youth Breakfast Set for Jan. 14
- Worcester Awarded $494,824 to Support Youth Violence Prevention Programs
- Youth Jobs Rally to Take Place on Thursday at State House
- Third Annual Worcester Youth Leadership Institute Gets Underway