slides: Cheat Sheet 38 - The Patriarca Papers (Helen Patriarca Dies of Cancer, Numerous Hits Ordered)
Monday, April 25, 2016
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
PAGE 1 Patriarca Approves Hit
According to FBI documents, Raymond Patriarca okayed a hit for Tommy Callahan. “GRANITO was contacted by CALLAHAN who wanted another assurance from PATRIARCA to kill REDACTED as apparently there had been rumors to the effect that PATRIARCA had canceled the ‘hit.’ PATRIARCA told GRANITO to tell CALLAHAN that the OK to ‘hit’ REDACTED is still on.”
PAGE 26 Did Tommy Callahan get shot by Edward “Wimpy” Bennett?
PAGE 28 Saul Friedman and Teamster’s Business Agent both have ownership interest in oil wells in Ohio.
PAGE 32 Patriarca refuses to attend a La Cosa Nostra meeting in New York, but refuses because he is afraid he may be served with a subpoena to appear before a federal grand jury there.
PAGE 32 “PATRIARCA furnished the permission to ROMEO MARTIN of Boston, Mass. to burglarize the home of a millionaires.”
PAGE 55 Patriarca receives financial interest in company providing plastic containers for fish canning industry.
PAGE 85 “Subjects WIFE HELEN DIED THIS DATE (9/8/65) AND IS BEING WAKED AT PROVIDENCE…FUNERAL WHICH IS STRICTLY PRIVATE
“…BARBOZA told informant that he and RONNIE CASSESSA had gone down on Saturday to see RAYMOND PATRIARCA and explained to PATRIARCA why they had ‘hit’ ROMEO MARTIN. BARBOZA said PATRIARCA was pleased ‘with the way it was carried out’ and state when he first heard about it, he figured MARTIN had been murdered by REDACTED because PATRIARCA knew REDACTED disliked him.”
PAGE 96 Patriarca approved the murder of Willie Marfeo
“…RAYMOND PATRIARCA and HENRY TAMELEO had “OK’d” a hit for WILLIE MARFEO of Providence, R.I. Informant said MARFEO was slated for this ‘hit’ in that he had been getting out of line and ‘shooting his mouth off’ to other hoodlums and was telling them he would not take orders from anyone, and he was going to do whatever he wanted without interference from anyone.”
“Since TAMELEO’s arrest be the Intelligence Division, Internal Revenue Service, at Providence, R.I. in June, 1965, there has been a delay in hitting MARFEO as they do not want any heat in Providence at this time. Informant does not know if the ‘hit’ has been set for another time.”
FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 38
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 29 (Patriarca Claims He Paid Off Senator Pastore)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 28 (Patriarca Paid Off Gov Notte With Money and Women)
- Cheat Sheet 30 The Patriarca Papers – Patriarca Asks Paolino to Help with Bay View, Notte’s Cash
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 30 (INFOGRAPHIC: Patriarca and Politicians)
- Cheat Sheet 31 The Patriarca Papers – Jimmy Hoffa, Diamonds from Zayre’s, Governor Volpe
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 27 (Rocky Marciano, John Chafee, and Joe Mollicone)
- Cheat Sheet 27, FBI Files: FBI Tips League About Patriots’ Betting, Chafee’s Impact on Patriarca
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 24 (Bribes Impacting Trials and State Troopers)
- Cheat Sheet 25, FBI Files: DiMaggio and Sinatra on Patriarca’s Race Track Board
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 25 (Patriarca’s Influence On the RI State Police)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 26 (Allegations Patriot Players Bet on Their Own Games)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 31 (INFOGRAPHIC: Patriarca and Hollywood and Sports)
- Cheat Sheet 32 The Patriarca Papers – Arrival of Nick Bianco and $70k in Stolen Underwear
- Cheat Sheet 36 - The Patriarca Papers (Union Problems for Gilbane, Sinatra, Nazi’s and Murders)
- Cheat Sheet 35 The Patriarca Papers (Bellotti, Brooke and the Nazis)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 36, Getting Permission to Murder Someone
- Cheat Sheet 37 The Patriarca Papers – Stealing Typewriters, Flemmi, Barbosa, Italian Federal Judge
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 37, Did Patriarca’s Organization Own The Warwick Tent?
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 35, Patriarca and the American Nazi Party
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 34: Was Patriarca Funneling Money to Volpe and Bellotti?
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 32 (Did MA Attorney General Ed Brooke Get Paid Off?)
- Cheat Sheet 33 The Patriarca Papers - Hoffa, Bianco, Suing the Boston Herald
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 33 (Patriarca’s Lawsuit Against Boston Herald)
- Cheat Sheet 34 The Patriarca Papers (Valachi, $400k for Goat Island in Newport, and Bellotti)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 38: Ordering the Murder of Willie Marfeo