slides: Cheat Sheet 48, FBI Files: Patriarca Asks to Appear on CBS News with Cronkite
Monday, July 04, 2016
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
PAGE 7 Prosecutor Bruce Selya Cross-Examines Raymond Patriarca
PAGE 33 Attorneys for Raymond Patriarca argued motions for a new trial before Superior Court Judge James C. Bulman. “Judge Bulman has taken the motion under advisement with no date set for a decision.”
PAGE 33 “There was also a discussion to picket the Federal Building in Providence the same way the Italians have done in the New York City recently.”
PAGE 34 Judge Bulman denies the motion requests for new trails of the following:
RAYMOND L.S. PATRIARCA
RUDOLPH G. SCIARRA
JOHN E. ROSSI
ROBERT E. FAIRBROTHERS
PAGE 35 On August 31, 1970, Judge Bulman hands down the following sentence on Raymond Patriarca:
“Ten years starting today, and to run concurrent with his federal sentence he is now serving.”
Patriarca was also notified on this day, that he was going to be retried on separate murder charges (relating to Rudolph Marfeo and Anthony Melei).
PAGE 41 Stress Between Raymond Patriarca and Danny Raimondi
“Informant advised that DANNY RAIMONDI and REDACTED both have been “shut out” and cannot get into the “can” to see RAYMOND. Informant advised that DANNY RAIMONDI bought a new 1971 Cadillac automobile and RAYMOND PATRIARCA has sent out word that DANNY is doing stupid thing in buying a news car at this time in as much as he has been indicted.”
“It appears that the “Boston Globe” is now printing this information.”
PAGE 48 Memo from Assistant U.S. Attorney General to Hoover
“In accordance with the Department’s long-standing policy of non-disclosure of sensitive intelligence information, we have uniformly declined requests from state and local investigative and prosecutive agencies for transcripts of unauthorized electronic surveillance involving members of organized crime.”
PAGE 52 Patriarca Contacted Walter Cronkite to be interviewed. He wanted to refute testimony given to the U.S. Senate Investigation Subcommittee.
PAGE 56 “…RAYMOND PATRIARCA is completely disgusted with DANNY RAIMONDO and has called him a “weak; sniveling coward.”
FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 48
- Cheat Sheet 37 The Patriarca Papers – Stealing Typewriters, Flemmi, Barbosa, Italian Federal Judge
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 36, Getting Permission to Murder Someone
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 37, Did Patriarca’s Organization Own The Warwick Tent?
- Cheat Sheet 38 - The Patriarca Papers (Helen Patriarca Dies of Cancer, Numerous Hits Ordered)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 38: Ordering the Murder of Willie Marfeo
- Cheat Sheet 36 - The Patriarca Papers (Union Problems for Gilbane, Sinatra, Nazi’s and Murders)
- Cheat Sheet 35 The Patriarca Papers (Bellotti, Brooke and the Nazis)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 33 (Patriarca’s Lawsuit Against Boston Herald)
- Cheat Sheet 34 The Patriarca Papers (Valachi, $400k for Goat Island in Newport, and Bellotti)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 34: Was Patriarca Funneling Money to Volpe and Bellotti?
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 35, Patriarca and the American Nazi Party
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 39
- Cheat Sheet 39 - The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca’s Ongoing Hatred for Robert Kennedy)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 45 (How Murders Are Approved)
- Cheat Sheet 45, FBI Files: Valachi Called to be Deposed in Patriarca’s Suit Against Boston Herald
- Cheat Sheet 46, FBI Files: Is Patriarca Losing Power? Gang War Coming?
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 46 (Secret Indictments Against Patriarca and Tameleo)
- Cheat Sheet 47, FBI Files: Patriarca Runs His Crime Organization from Jail
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 44 (Hoover’s Memo to Attorney General on Patriarca)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 43 (Patriarca on Blacks, Jews and Education)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 40: Funneling Money to the MA Governor’s Race
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 41 (The Mafia Rules About Bombings)
- Cheat Sheet 42 The Patriarca Papers – Nazis, Negroes and Buying a Chevy Dealership
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 42 (Nazis, “Negroes” and La Cosa Nostra)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 47 (Mob Radio Ad Infuriates Raymond Patriarca)