slides: Cheat Sheet 61, FBI Files: Coia Called Patriarca a “Saint,” RI Country Club & Breeding Rottweilers
Monday, October 10, 2016
Each week accompanying the segments of the FBI files on Raymond Patriarca and expert analysis on the documents released, GoLocal provides a “cheat sheet” of some of the key elements from the documents.
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
"Arthur E. Coia, was close to Raymond Patriarca, the legendary boss of the New England Mafia. According to an FBI informant, Coia Sr. once described Patriarca as a ""saint.'' Coia Jr. says he never met Patriarca, but he does allow that he tried to breed champion show dogs with Patriarca's son, Raymond Jr. (The dogs, Rottweilers, failed to mate.) Patriarca Sr. and both Coias were indicted in 1981 for allegedly taking kickbacks, but the case was dismissed because the statute of limitations had run out, Yabberz wrote about the relationship between the Patriarca and Coia families.
As the UPI reported at the time of the federal indictments, "The heads of three of the nation's organized crime families plotted as far back as 1976 to steal millions of dollars from the huge Laborers International Union of North America by gaining control of its insurance business, federal grand jury indictments claim.
The indictments, handed up this week in Miami against reputed New England crime boss Raymond L.S. Patriarca, three union officials and a former Rhode Island state representative, charge the five men with conspiring to divert more than $1 million in union insurance funds to the mob.+
PAGE 20 Interviews at the John F. Kennedy Building in Boston
PAGE 21 Golf and Card playing tournament sponsored by the D.C. Friends of Ireland.
PAGE 64 Accountants, Lawyers, and the SEC
Page 85 A member of Rhode Island Country Club,”however, the club members voted him out.”
The Patriarca Papers - Entry 61
- Cheat Sheet 48, FBI Files: Patriarca Asks to Appear on CBS News with Cronkite
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 47 (Mob Radio Ad Infuriates Raymond Patriarca)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 48 (Memo from Hoover to AG Mitchell)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 49 (Bonded Vault Robbery Okayed By Patriarca)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 50 (Patriarca and Bevilacqua’s Relationship)
- Cheat Sheet 47, FBI Files: Patriarca Runs His Crime Organization from Jail
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 46 (Secret Indictments Against Patriarca and Tameleo)
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 44 (Hoover’s Memo to Attorney General on Patriarca)
- Cheat Sheet 45, FBI Files: Valachi Called to be Deposed in Patriarca’s Suit Against Boston Herald
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 45 (How Murders Are Approved)
- Cheat Sheet 46, FBI Files: Is Patriarca Losing Power? Gang War Coming?
- Cheat Sheet 50, FBI Files: Winter Hill Gang, Bonded Vault, Bevilacqua’s Relationship with Patriarca
- Cheat Sheet 51, FBI Files: Indictment of Patriarca, Coia, & Other Laborers International
- PHOTOS: Murders Tied to Patriarca Family (Warning Graphic)
- PHOTOS: Patriarca’s Crime Family
- Cheat Sheet 56, FBI Files: Raymond Patriarca Dies
- Cheat Sheet 57, FBI Files: Did Patriarca Run Laborers’ International
- Cheat Sheet 58, FBI Files: Patriarca and Coia, the Massive Effort to Prosecute
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 55 Col. Stone Protecting a Source
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 54
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 51 (Patriarca Is Too Sick to Stand Trial)
- Cheat Sheet 52, FBI Files: Federal Courts Battle Over Indictments of Coia and Patriarca
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - The Battle Between the Feds and Coia, Laborers, and Patriarca
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 53, Informant Wanted $140,000 Payment
- Cheat Sheet 59, FBI Files: Coia’s Relationship with Patriarca, FBI and the Clintons