Baker Now Leads Coakley in Poll
Friday, August 29, 2014
Baker now leads Coakley 38% to 37% in a match up that assumes she beats both Steve Grossman and Don Berwick in the September 9th primary.
For Baker, this is extremely positive news as the poll conducted by SocialSphere, Inc, finds that many of Steve Grossman's supporter strongly dislike Coakley and are likely to shift to Baker.
The battle for the Governorship will be flooded with out-of-state third party money this November.
Whomever wins the Democratic primary will try to keep the Democratic streak going. Deval Patrick was the first Democratic Governor after a string of Republicans - William Weld, Paul Cellucci, Jane Swift and Mitt Romney.
Related Slideshow: Prominent Political Gaffes In Massachusetts’ History
Tim Murray Car Crash Controversy
Tim Murray, who was Lt. Governor of Massachusetts at the time, crashed a government vehicle on a stretch of I-190. Although originally saying that he simple lost control of the vehicle, it was later revealed that he was both speeding and not wearing a seatbelt.
Willie Horton Ad Destroys Dukakis Campaign
Michael Dukakis lost a double digit lead in the presidential election to George H. W. Bush when an ad depicting Willie Horton was released. The ad highlighted Dukakis' policy of criminal furloughs for some criminals when he was the governor of Massachusetts.
- Berwick Responds to MassEquality’s Decision to Endorse Coakley
- NEW: Coakley Calls for Increased SuperPac Transparency in MA Campaigns
- New: Baker Blasts Coakley on Gas Tax Gaffe
- Coakley’s Latest Gaffe Joins Massachusetts Political History
- NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts Endorses Coakley for Governor
- Kayyem Blasts Coakley for Opposing Federal Health Exchange Option
- Planned Parenthood Endorses Martha Coakley for Governor
- NEW: Poll Shows 10-Point Lead for Coakley Over Baker in Gov. Race
- Biggest MA Political Comebacks: Baker, Coakley, Fresolo?
- Coakley Disavows SuperPAC Ads
- Baker Urges Patrick, Coakley to Prevent Fed. Healthcare Takeover
- NEW: Planned Parenthood, Coakley to Announce New Buffer Zone Plans
- NEW: Coakley Launches Women’s Leadership Council for MA
- Coakley Blasts Baker for Opposition to Earned Sick Time Initiative
- Coakley Urges Grossman to Disavow Illegal SuperPAC-Funded Ads
- Baker Calls Out Coakley For Lack of Position on Major Issues
- Coakley’s First TV Ad Focuses on Standing Up for MA Residents
- Coakley Blasted For Outsider Image Portrayed in First TV Ad
- Grossman Calls Out Coakley for Lack of Diversity Hiring
- Coakley Campaign Attacks Grossman for SuperPAC Support
- Planned Parenthood, Coakley Blast Baker for Hobby Lobby Comments
- Is Coakley Using Women’s Issues as a Campaign Crutch?
- Charlie Baker Accepts Republican Party Nomination for Governor
- Paul Giorgio: What’s Going on with Charlie Baker and the Mass GOP?
- Central MA College Standout: Smith College’s Megan Baker
- NEW: MA Gubernatorial Candidate Fisher Challenges Baker to Debate
- Schaper: Fisher, Baker, and Democratic Takers
- Central MA Up + Comer: GH2 Fitness Owner and Trainer Heather Baker
- New England’s 6 Best Bakeries
- Don Roach: Can Charlie Baker Appeal to the Masses?
- Paul Giorgio: Mr. Baker, MA Doesn’t Want a Liar for Governor
- Baker Calls For Major Changes in DCF
- Baker Proposes Government Reform In Wake Of Probation Trial
- Baker Proposes Reforms to Increase Government Accountability
- Baker Demands Transparency on Status of Health Connector Website
- Baker Issues Statement of Support for New Buffer Zone Legislation
- Paul Giorgio: Charlie Baker’s Tea Party Problem: Mark Fisher
- Baker Campaign Releases New Video Featuring Karyn Polito
- Baker Releases Healthcare Priorities for Improved Care in MA