Michael Cohen Calls President Trump a “Racist, Conman, and Cheat” in Testimony
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Cohen is scheduled to testify before the House Oversight Committee starting at 10 a.m. on Wednesday and can be watched live on GoLocalProv.com.
“I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump’s illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience.
I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is.
He is a racist.
He is a conman.
He is a cheat,” said Cohen in his statement.
Cohen’s testimony was released overnight by the House Committee which is chaired by Rep. Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland.
“I recognize that some of you may doubt and attack me on my credibility. It is for this reason that I have incorporated into this opening statement documents that are irrefutable, and demonstrate that the information you will hear is accurate and truthful,” says Cohen in the testimony.
Cohen said in his prepared testimony, "I wound up touting the Trump narrative for over a decade. That was my job. Always stay on message. Always defend. It monopolized my life. At first, I worked mostly on real estate developments and other business transactions. Shortly thereafter, Mr. Trump brought me into his personal life and private dealings.
Over time, I saw his true character revealed.
Mr. Trump is an enigma. He is complicated, as am I. He has both good and bad, as do we all. But the bad far outweighs the good, and since taking office, he has become the worst version of himself. He is capable of behaving kindly, but he is not kind. He is capable of committing acts of generosity, but he is not generous. He is capable of being loyal, but he is fundamentally disloyal."
Yesterday, Cohen testified before the Senate Committee on Intelligence for nine hours behind closed doors.
- Horowitz: Woodward Sounds Alarm on Trump’s Fitness to Serve
- Former Trump Campaign Manager Manafort Found Guilty on 8 Counts
- “Is the Trump Political Bubble About to Burst?”—Sunday Political Brunch—October 7, 2018
- Horowitz: Trump Tanks US Image Abroad
- Horowitz: Trump Rallies are Political Double-Edged Sword
- Former Trump Attorney Cohen Pleads Guilty to Criminal Charges
- Horowitz: Trump Commits Policy Malpractice on Fuel Efficiency Standards
- Trump Names Kavanaugh To United States Supreme Court
- Horowitz: Trump Blames America First
- McCain Calls Trump’s Meeting & Press Conference With Putin “Disgraceful”
- Finneran: Now Pitching - Donald Trump
- Horowitz: Mid-Term Voters Apply Brakes to Trump Presidency
- Horowitz: The Trump-Splainers
- Warren Questions Trump on Replacement of Dept. of Education Acting Inspector General
- Harry Potter Actor Radcliffe Slams Tom Brady Over MAGA Hat and Trump Support
- Horowitz: President Trump’s Falsehoods Mount Up
- Trump to Declare National Emergency to Get More Money for Border Wall
- President Trump Calls Kraft’s Prostitution Charges “Very Sad”
- VIDEO: Warren Calls on Trump, Republicans to End Government Shutdown
- New Poll Shows Millennials Don’t Like Trump, Twitter
- Horowitz: Trump Administration Takes Its Climate Change Denial International
- Horowitz: On Obamacare - Trump Given Another Opportunity to Miss an Opportunity
- Horowitz: Distrust of Trump Complicates Reaching a Shutdown Solution
- Horowitz: Americans Blame President Trump for Shutdown
- Horowitz: Trump Administration Rolls Back Pay Day Lending Safeguards