NEW: Patrick Kennedy Opposed to Legalization of Marijuana
Sunday, January 06, 2013
Kennedy, who left Congress in 2010, has joined with conservatives in the organization called Project SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana).
Kennedy's Battles with Drugs and Mental Health
During his college years, his tenure in the Rhode Island General Assembly and as a member of Congress, Kennedy battled both mental health issues and drug issues. He has been a national voice in funding and expanding mental health treatment.
Relative to Project SAM, Kennedy told Reuters, "Yes, the drug war has been a failure, but let's look at the science, and let's look at what works. And let's not just throw out the baby with the bathwater."
Other members opposing the legalization of marijuana include: Conservative commentator David Frum, who once served as a speech writer for former President George W. Bush.
- NEW: BU’s Own Miss Universe Olivia Culpo Advocates for Medical Marijuana
- NEW: Legalizing Marijuana Won’t Hurt Kids, Says RI Hospital Study
- NEW: Mass Medical Society Takes Stance on Physician-Assisted Suicide and Medical Marijuana
- Legalized Marijuana: Could MA Be Next?
- NEW: Massachusetts Medical Society Issues New Policy on Medical Marijuana
- Leonardo Angiulo: A Look at Medical Marijuana Laws
- Voters to Decide Marijuana and Right to Die
- MA Medical Marijuana Biz: Boom or Bust?
- Who Wins With Medical Marijuana?
- Medical Marijuana: 13 to Watch in Central Mass in 2013
- Out-of-State Money Funding Medical Marijuana Campaign
- Medical Marijuana: Top Stories in Central Mass in 2012