Donahue - Petty Staffer Wins Democratic Primary for 16th
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Donahue will go on to face GOP candidate Carol Claros.
Donahue, 26-year-old staffer to Joe Petty, picked up the support of the majority of the Democratic infrastructure in Worcester. His margin of victory was low and beat Joshua Perro by 98 votes. Donahue raised the most political funds.
He will face a strong general election battle from Claros who is active in Worcester and Massachusetts politics.
Donahue: 854 Votes
Joshua Perro: 756 Votes
Khrystian King: 567 Votes
James O'Brien: 529 Votes
Daniele Nanni: 286 Votes
- 16th Worcester District Election: Who Leads the Fundraising Race?
- Worcester 16th District State Rep Candidates: Who Can Win?
- BREAKING: Facebook Page Created Calling for Rep. Fresolo to Resign
- Democratic Candidates Vie at Forum for Open Fresolo Seat
- EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Fresolo’s Opponent Drops Out of Race
- MA State Rep Candidate Claros Praised By ‘Rabid Republican’
- NEW: Claros Officially Kicks-Off Campaign for State Rep
- NEW: Claros Opposed to Tax Package
- NEW: Claros Pledges Not To Accept Per Diems
- Elected Officials Unwilling to Speak Out on Fresolo Allegations
- Fresolo Investigation: How Transparent is MA Government?
- NEW: Representative Fresolo Resigns
- NEW: State Rep. John Fresolo Under Investigation for Explicit Photos