Fecteau: Clinton Should Participate in a Recount
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
At this time, the Clinton campaign agreed only to a recount in Wisconsin, but has suggested there will probably be involvement in other states. It will presumably participate in efforts in Michigan and Pennsylvania. The aforementioned states were all important to deciding the outcome of the presidential election.
There is a reason for concern. Unlike past elections, the documented level of foreign interference has been unprecedented. A number of intelligence agencies have already determined that Russia was behind the hacks on the Democratic National Committee, and Mrs. Clinton’s emails. There is also heavy suspicion that Russia is behind propagating false news stories that have unfairly influenced American voters.
A number of computer scientists came forward claiming there were anomalies. These scientists believe Clinton performed questionably worse in states the relied on electronic voting technologies. While no evidence of hacking exists at the moment, an impartial examination should stamp out any perception.
Fear not, the taxpayers will not foot the bill. Mrs. Stein raised approximately six million dollars for the recount efforts. Some speculate this amount already far exceeds the cost of an estimated two million dollars for the recounts in all three states.
I understand there might be some apprehension. President-elect Donald Trump will have nothing to fear. The results will not change. Trump has an insurmountable lead in all three states. The Clinton campaign is simply exercising its right. This is particularly important emerging from a distinctly divisive primary overshadowed by foreign hindrance.
Mrs. Clinton is doing a public service. Accusations of voter tampering undermine our democracy. These allegations should be closely examined to determine if there is irrefutable evidence of foreign involvement. After this particularly divisive election, it is important to combat any perception of voter fraud, and instill faith in our democracy again. If any malfeasance is discovered, the perpetrators should be brought to justice or held accountable for their crimes. Let the recount efforts go on, but with our blessing.
- Fecteau: Guns are the Problem
- Fecteau: Is Obama or Bush to blame for the Rise of Islamic State?
- Fecteau: Until We Act on Gun Violence, Expect More Ungodly Death
- Matt Fecteau: Iraqis Need to Find the Will to Fight
- Matt Fecteau: Let’s Talk About Online Voting
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Matt Fecteau: The Curious Case of Bowe Bergdahl
- Worcester’s 10 Coolest People: Robert Fecteau, Owner of BirchTree Bread Company
- Matt Fecteau: Should Boston Bomber Tsarnaev be Condemned to Die?
- Matt Fecteau: Dear Trump Supporters, This isn’t a Reality TV Show
- Fecteau: Why Doesn’t President Obama Say Radical Islam?
- Fecteau: After Mosul
- Fecteau: Trump As President
- Fecteau: The Futile Anti-Trump Protests
- Fecteau: Democrats’ Dystopia
- Fecteau: Trump’s Reckoning
- Fecteau: Orlando Was Just the Beginning
- Fecteau: About Clinton’s Damn Emails
- Fecteau: Trump’s Taxes
- Cuba After Castro, MINDSETTER™ Matt Fecteau