Finneran: 200 Words to Smile By
Friday, August 17, 2018
Tomatoes off the vine. Light traffic. Pennant race. Sox win.
X-rays are negative. Native corn is in. Peach cobbler.
Stripers are running. Whale watch. Boogie boarding. Grilled cheese.
Peanut butter and jelly. Early tee time. Great putt. Early to bed.
Sleep late. Laundry is done. Dishes too. Burgers tonight. Soldiers come home.
Celtics opener. Patriots opener. Bruins opener. Yankees lose. Kids are here.
Shaughnessy’s column. Fried clams. Lobster roll. Lemonade.
Vodka gimlet. Stunning sunset. Papa. Nana. We’re having a baby.
Humidity breaks. Fall weather. Tomato sandwiches. It’s a girl.
Bike trail. Beach walk. Morning swim. A good book. Library’s open.
Guacamole dip. Sliders. Kevin’s on the grill. Steak tips. Pitchers’ duel.
It’s a boy. Kayak trip. Osprey nest. Fox den. Foxgloves.
Hummingbirds. Hydrangeas bloom. Trumpet vines. Trumpet solo.
Willie Nelson. Billy Joel concert. Fenway Park. Early Mass. Beautiful sermon.
A child’s voice. A child’s voice calling.
A child’s voice calling “Nana, Papa-can I come in the big bed?”
First day of school. Last day of school. School cancelled tomorrow due to snow.
Lynch wins. Neal wins. The sensible caucus. Boston Latin kid. Dilbert.
I love you.
- Finneran: The Singing Nun
- Finneran: A Savage Act
- Finneran: Trump, Comey, & Willie Nelson
- Finneran: Why Brexit? Here’s Why!
- Finneran: The Success Sequence
- Finneran: The Rock of the Parish
- Finneran: I Assume You Agree That…
- Finneran: When LeBron Speaks..
- Finneran: Black History Month
- Finneran: The Real Oscar, An American Soldier
- Finneran: The Ocean Roars, Man Talks Back
- Finneran: That Early Morning Run
- Finneran: Money Well Spent
- Finneran: Two Questions
- Finneran: America’s Birthday
- Finneran: Blame the Wright Brothers
- Finneran: Now Pitching - Donald Trump
- Finneran: A Cape Cod Tree-Hugger’s Treason
- Finneran: Home is Where the Crowd Is
- Finneran: Don’t Blink
- Finneran: Memorial Day, 2018
- Finneran: Old School
- Finneran: Got Junk
- Finneran: The Downside of Up
- Finneran: Two Men - One Black, One White