MA Delegation Fowards Letter to Trump Explaining Impact of Healthcare Decision
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
The delegation received the letter last Thursday.
Baker's letter includes an update on the Massachusetts health care marketplace, the Connector, which covers 257,000 individuals in Massachusetts, and notes that premium costs in the Commonwealth are set to spike 26%.
The Governor's letter also says that 80,000 Massachusetts residents will have no protection from these higher premiums because they are not eligible for premium tax credits.
The delegation's cover letter to President Trump, sent with Baker's letter, lays the blame for higher premiums on the President. The letter says that Massachusetts premium increases are "due directly to your actions" and points out that many constituents "will experience rate increases that are more than three times higher than had you continued these payments."
The delegation also urges the President to change his mind on healthcare.
”Your efforts to sabotage the Affordable Care Act have real consequences for families in Massachusetts and across the country... It is time for you to look beyond politics and support sensible, bipartisan efforts to reduce-not increase-health care costs for our constituents and for all Americans. Reversing your decision to cut off these vital CSR payments should be your first step."
The delegation includes United States Senators Elizabeth Warren and Edward J. Markey, and Representatives Richard Neal, James McGovern, Michael Capuano, Stephen F. Lynch, Niki Tsongas, William Keating, Joseph P. Kennedy III, Katherine Clark and Seth Moulton.
Related Slideshow: Trump Inauguration
- Sunday Political Brunch—Will Florida Mark the End of Trump Presidency? - August 20, 2017
- McGovern, 75 House Dems Introduce Censure Resolution Against Trump
- Finneran: Trump’s Hernia
- National Assoc. of Black Law Enforcement Officers Blast Trump for Pardoning Arpaio
- Fecteau: Trump Goes Obama-Lite in Afghanistan
- VIDEO: President Trump Vows “Justice Will be Delivered” in Charlottesville Attack
- Fecteau: Trump’s Nuke Bluff Backfired
- Warren Gives Trump Failing Grade in “Drain the Swamp” Report Card
- Fecteau: I Think Trump’s Crazy Too
- Robert Whitcomb: Trump’s Transgender, NFL’s CTE Problem, Stone House and Little Compton
- Horowitz: MSNBC Gaining From Trump Presidency
- Horowitz: Trump Continues Politics of Racial Division with Disgraceful Pardon of Arpaio
- Horowitz: Trump’s Base Begins to Erode
- Fecteau: Dear Mr. Trump, Decertify This
- McGovern Blasts Trump for Decertifying the Iran Deal
- Sunday Political Brunch: Is President Trump Undermining Himself?—October 15, 2017
- Horowitz: Trump Makes Wrong Choice on Healthcare Again
- Warren Issues Statements Opposing Trump’s Nominees for Dept. of Labor, Education
- Fecteau: Will Trump’s Rhetoric Help Rein in Gun Violence?
- Warren Urges Trump to Step Up Disaster Relief Efforts for Puerto Rican Islands of Vieques & Culebra