NEW: Brown Leads Dem Challengers in Special Election Poll
Thursday, December 20, 2012
The poll, conducted by MassINC for WBUR, surveyed 500 registered voters by telephone on December 17 and 18, and found that Brown held an 8-point lead, 47-39, over a generic Democratic candidate. When matched against his opponent from the 2010 special election, Attorney General Martha Coakley, Brown's lead was even greater, 51 percent to 36 percent.
Governor Deval Patrick fared the best in the poll's head-to-head match ups against Brown, but he still trailed the Republican by 7 points, 47-40.
- By Blocking Susan Rice, is the GOP Paving the Way for Scott Brown?
- Candy Mero Carlson: Brown Won’t Be There for Central Mass
- NEW: Sen. Brown Wants Plans from MA Utilities Ahead of Hurricane
- Scott Brown Leads All Senators in Donations from the Gun Lobby
- Warren and Brown Not Spending With MA Women- and Minority-Owned Businesses
- Brown Loses Grip on Central MA Voters