NEW: Donahue Wins Worcester 16th District State Rep Dem. Primary
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
The special election is being held to fill the seat of John Fresolo, who resigned earlier this year in the wake of a House Ethics Committee investigation. The final election will held be September 10th.
Donahue, a 26-year-old lifelong resident of Quinsigamond Village already has solid party affiliation, having worked as a campaign field staffer for the 2010 Governor's election, and as Political Director for Lt. Governor Tim Murray overseeing Murray's campaign committee.
In 2012 Donahue was appointed Director of Policy and Assistant Chief of Staff to Worcester Mayor Joseph Petty.
Five Democratic candidates--Khrystian King, Daniele Nanni, Jim O'Brien, Josh Perro, vied for the right to challenge the single Republican candidate, Carol E. Claros, in the final election.
- Elected Officials Unwilling to Speak Out on Fresolo Allegations
- NEW: Claros Pledges Not To Accept Per Diems
- Fresolo Investigation: How Transparent is MA Government?
- NEW: Representative Fresolo Resigns
- NEW: State Rep. John Fresolo Under Investigation for Explicit Photos
- NEW: Donahue Calls for Slots Funds to go to Route 20 Improvements
- BREAKING: Facebook Page Created Calling for Rep. Fresolo to Resign
- MA State Rep Candidate Claros Praised By ‘Rabid Republican’
- Democratic Candidates Vie at Forum for Open Fresolo Seat
- NEW: Claros Officially Kicks-Off Campaign for State Rep
- EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Fresolo’s Opponent Drops Out of Race
- NEW: Claros Opposed to Tax Package