NEW: Markey to Run for Senate
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Markey, who has served represented the Commonwealth's 7th congressional district since 1976, is the longest serving member of the Bay State's Congressional delegation.
The Democrat may have an advantage over his opponents in next year's special election when it comes to financing a run for Senate. According to his most recent filings with the Federal Election Commission, Markey has more than $3 million in cash on hand.
- If Sen. Kerry Becomes Sec. of State - See the Domino Effect
- NEW: Obama to Nominate Kerry for Secretary of State
- NEW: Senator John Kerry to be Named Secretary of State, Reports ABC News and CNN
- Politicians and Experts Speak Out On Kerry Nomination
- President Obama Nominates Senator Kerry to Sec. of State
- Senate Makeover Could Cost MA Clout in Washington