NEW: Mass Dems Warn Brown Will Try To Block Obama’s Agenda
Thursday, January 31, 2013
According to the Mass Dems, Boston Republican operative and Republican National Committeeman Ron Kaufman said last month that sending Brown back to Washington would benefit Republican plans to slow down President Obama’s second term agenda.
Speaking of “very, very angry" voters, Mass Dems quoted Kaufman as saying, “if they really want to slow down the president, this would be the way to do it."
During his first stint in the Senate, Brown differed with the President on several issues, including his jobs bills, Obama's nomination of Justice Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court, and the Blunt Amendment, which would allow employers and insurance companies to deny contraceptive coverage based on moral objections.
“In his second inauguration speech, President Obama talked about climate change, gun safety, marriage equality and comprehensive immigration reform,” Massachusetts Democratic Party Chair John Walsh said. “Scott Brown disagrees with the President on all of those issues and if he gets back to Washington, he won’t do anything but slow down the President’s agenda.”
- Stephen Lynch Declares for Kerry’s Senate Seat
- Scott Brown MIA But Still Polling Strong For Senate
- Scott Brown Leads All Senators in Donations from the Gun Lobby
- NEW: Markey Calls for People’s Pledge in Senate Special Election
- NEW: Markey to Run for Senate
- NEW: Lynch Kicks Off Senate Campaign With Stop In Worcester
- NEW: Stephen Lynch Senate Run Still Up In The Air