NEW: Senator John Kerry to be Named Secretary of State, Reports ABC News and CNN
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Kerry has served as a Senator for the Commonwealth since 1985 when he replaced Paul Tsongas. He ran for President in 2004 and was the Democratic nominee.
Kerry is expected to receive strong support from Senators of both parties during confirmation hearings.
The impact of Kerry's appointment will set off a political firestorm in Massachusetts politics.
- US Senator Kerry Supports Obama’s Budget
- US Senator Kerry Wants Lending Opportunities for Small Biz Coops
- If Sen. Kerry Becomes Sec. of State - See the Domino Effect
- NEW: Sen. Kerry Named “Champion for Children” By Advocacy Group
- By Blocking Susan Rice, is the GOP Paving the Way for Scott Brown?
- NEW: Sen. Kerry Wants Green Cards for Same-Sex Partners Facing Deportation
- NEW: Senator Kerry Supports Obama Online Privacy Bill
- NEW: Sen. Kerry Marks Passing of Liberal Champion George McGovern