NEW: Stephen Lynch Senate Run Still Up In The Air
Friday, January 25, 2013
Earlier on Friday, the Boston Globe reported that sources close Lynch said the U.S. Representative would announce his candidacy following Kerry's anticipated confirmation next week. However, Lynch later told Boston news outlets that the reports were inaccurate and that he had not made up his mind yet. The Congressman did not rule out an announcement in the coming days.
If Lynch does delcare his candidacy, he will join fellow U.S. Representative Edward Markey as the only candidates to formally announce that they will seek the seat.
Former Congressman Barney Frank has expressed public interest in being appointed as the interim replacement for Kerry while a special election is conducted.
State Senator Ben Downing and U.S. Representative Michael Capuano had also been mulling over possible campaigns, but both announced that they would not run for the office in recent weeks.
- Politicians and Experts Speak Out On Kerry Nomination
- Which Candidate Has the Best Shot at Kerry’s Seat?
- NEW: State Sen Ben Downing Eyeing Possible Senate Run
- Deval Patrick’s Short List for the U.S. Senate Seat
- If Sen. Kerry Becomes Sec. of State - See the Domino Effect
- NEW: State Sen Ben Downing Will Not Run For Kerry’s Seat