NEW: Top Officials To Quit Gov Patrick’s Administration
Thursday, December 13, 2012
JudyAnn Bigby, the secretary of Health and Human Services who has been criticized in connection with the state drug lab scandal, will be replaced by John Polanowicz, who currently serves as president of St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton. Jay Gonzalez, the secretary of Administration and Finance, will be replaced by Health Insurance Connector Authority Executive Director Glen Shor.
Public Safety and Homeland Security Secretary Mary Beth Heffernan will be succeeded by Suffolk County Sheriff Andrea Cabral. The governor's Education Secretary Paul Reville is also reported to be resigning in the coming weeks.
Patrick recently lost Chief of Staff Mo Cowan, who will leave next month to be replaced by Brendan Ryan, the governor's current communications director.
- GoLocalTV: Gov. Patrick Responds to Rumors That He is Headed to Washington
- Gov. Patrick Goes to Ballet and Snubs JetBlue CEO
- NEW: Gov. Patrick Accepts General’s Resignation After Rape Allegations
- NEW: Gov. Patrick Swears in National Guard Adjutant General
- NEW: Gov. Patrick Announces Tax Collection Deal With Amazon
- NEW: Gov Patrick Cuts Budgets to Close $540 Million Shortfall
- NEW: Gov Patrick Calls for In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants