NEW: Warren Goes for KO with Legendary Gym Owner in New Ad
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Elizabeth Warren released a new ad on Thursday featuring legendary Lowell gym owner Art Ramalho.
Warren visited Ramalho, who is best known for training boxer Micky Ward of "The Fighter" fame, in August when she picked up the endorsement of Lowell Mayor Patrick Murphy.
"We can spot the real fighters here in this gym, and Elizabeth Warren is a real fighter," Ramalho said in the ad.
"Elizabeth is different. She’s fighting for people who are up against it. Working people, the middle class. She got heart, she got guts and she’s not gonna back down."
The ad is the latest installment in the Warren campaign's efforts to retool the Democratic candidate's image as her race against Republican Senator Scott Brown heads into the final rounds.
Brown had been set to receive Ward's personal endorsement several weeks ago, but the fighter backed out at the last minute after learning that Brown was not pro-union and was against gay marriage.
The Republican Senator issued a statement Thursday afternoon criticizing his opponent's new round of negative ads.
"It's unfortunate that instead of running a campaign that lifts people up, Elizabeth Warren has decided to run a campaign that tears people down," he said.
"Her misleading and untrue attacks against me are a sign of desperation from an increasingly desperate and flailing campaign. The people of Massachusetts deserve and expect better, especially from a first time candidate who initially claimed not to like attack ads."
- NEW: Micky Ward Backs Out of Brown Endorsement
- GoLocalTV Thursday, September 6, 2012: Scott Brown Responds to Warren’s Speech
- NEW: Warren Ad: “Your Fight is Elizabeth’s Fight”
- NEW: Warren’s Latest Ad Calls Washington “Rigged for the Big Guys”
- Professor: New Round of Ads Offers Snapshot of Brown-Warren Race
- Brown Slips Among Mass Dems
- GoLocal Poll: Who is running a better campaign: Scott Brown or Elizabeth Warren
- NEW: Councilor Lukes Featured in Scott Brown Ad