Sen. Warren to Serve on Armed Services Committee in 115th Congress
Thursday, December 15, 2016
See more on Warren in the chart below
"I'm looking forward to serving on the Senate Committee on Armed Services in the next Congress. All three of my brothers served in the military, and I understand the sacrifices America's service members make to defend our country - and the important work that our Defense Department does to keep Americans safe. As a member of the Committee, I will focus on making sure Congress provides effective support and oversight of the Armed Forces, monitors threats to national security, and ensures the responsible use of military force around the globe,” said Warren.
Warren Added, “I'm proud that Massachusetts leads the nation in innovative defense work and scientific research that helps and protects our service members as they do their jobs. During my time in the Senate, I've visited bases and met with defense companies and research labs across the Commonwealth, and I've seen the critical role they play in strengthening our national security. I look forward to continuing to work closely with them as a member of the Committee."
Her appointment is subject to conference and Senate ratification.
Senator Warren’s Blistering Letter to Trump
- Sen. Warren Calls on SEC to Investigate Financial Service Providers
- Senator Warren Ducks Nearly All Political Questions in National TV Interview
- Sen. Warren Questions Ex Fed Regulator Played Role in ‘08 Financial Crisis
- Warren, Brown Ask Treasury to Investigate Involvement of U.S. Entities With Panama Based Law Firm
- Oregon’s Merkley is 1st Senator to Endorse Bernie Sanders - Where is Sen. Warren?
- Sen. Warren Praises Merrick Garland, Looks Forward to Voting
- Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
- Sen. Warren Among Group Asking DEA to Clarify “Partial Fill” Policy
- Warren Speaks on Rigged Justice System & Rejecting GOP Proposals
- Warren - Constitution Threatened if Obama Doesn’t Nominate New Justice
- Shrewsbury’s Warren Ferguson Named Community Clinician of Year
- Senator Warren Meets with Obama’s Supreme Court Nominee Merrick Garland
- Warren Sees 54 Economists & Professors Support her Tax Legislation
- Tom Petty Biographer Warren Zanes to Host Talk at Clark University
- Sen. Warren to Wells Fargo CEO Stumpf “You Should Resign”
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Trump and Clinton, Raimondo’s CA Developer, and Warren’s Greatness
- Sen. Warren Addresses Election of Donald Trump to AFL-CIO
- Senator Warren Sends Blistering Letter to Trump’s Transition Team
- Warren, Markey & other Senators Express Serious Concerns About Mylan’s Price Hike on EpiPens
- Sen. Warren & Others Urge U.S. Dept. of Education to Reform Federal Student Loan Servicing
- Cong McGovern and Sen Warren Praise Collapse of Kinder Morgan’s Pipeline Plan
- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren to Endorse Hillary Clinton
- Clinton’s Wall Street Donors Are Blocking Warren for Vice President
- Warren for VP? Clinton Beware as Massachusetts is Presidential Ticket Loser Land
- Sen. Warren Asks Government Accountability Office to Review Trump’s Transition