Senator Chandler Named VP of Women’s Legislative Network
Wednesday, September 02, 2015
“I have been involved with NCSL during my career as a legislator and it is truly a privilege to continue my public service through this opportunity,” said Chandler. “I look forward to serving as Vice President of the Executive Board.”
Chandler was nominated at the NCSL Legislative Summit in early August.
The Women's Legislative Network dedicates itself to "promoting the participation, empowerment, and leadership of women legislators in the 50 states and the U.S. territories."
Every female legislator in the country is a member of the NCSL. There are currently 1,794 women serving in state legislatures. The organization is governed by a bipartisan, regionally-balanced board of 15 directors.
NCSL sponsors informational policy forums and training worships on the topics of interest to women legislators and hosts networking events for women legislators at NCSL meetings. Recent programming has addressed women’s health, small business, women in the military, and women as caregivers.
- Senator Chandler Collecting Food For Worcester Food Pantries
- Governor Signs Chandler’s MA Abortion Clinic Bill into Law
- BREAKING: Chandler Holds On to State Senate Seat
- Senators Moore and Chandler Secure Funding for Worcester Priorities
- Senator Chandler to Attend Conference on Aging at White House
- Worcester’s Senator Chandler Breaks Down State’s FY2016 Budget
- Senator Chandler and MA State Senate Hosted Israel’s Yaakov
- Senators Chandler and Moore Join Legislature in Override of Baker’s Vetoes