Senator Michael Moore Appointed to International Partnership
Thursday, August 20, 2015
In an effort to strengthen diplomatic ties between the two jurisdictions, the Partnership will collaborate on mutual topics of interest between Massachusetts and Quebec including transportation, tourism, clean energy an higher education.
“A working partnership with our closest international neighbor is critical to the economic success of our Commonwealth,” said Moore. “I look forward to joining my colleagues in the Massachusetts Legislature to work with elected officials from Quebec on forging new relationships between both parties.”
The Partnership's inaugural meeting is expected to be held in Quebec this September.
Every year, Massachusetts exports billions of dollars in goods and services to Canada. In recent years, the state’s exports to Canada have consistently increased and thousands of Massachusetts jobs are available due to trade with Canada or through employment opportunities within Canadian-owned companies. Canada is the Commonwealth’s largest export partner.
- State Senator Moore to Serve on Education Committee for National Conference
- Moore and Donahue Secure $5 Million for Worcester Visitor Center
- Senators Chandler and Moore Join Legislature in Override of Baker’s Vetoes
- NEW: Sen. Michael Moore Attempts to Reduce Health Care Costs for Small Businesses
- Senator Moore Actively Pushing Legislation on Sale of Powdered Alcohol in MA
- Senator Michael Moore Encourages a Healthy 2015
- Mass. State Senator Moore Appointed to NEBHE Advisory Committee
- Sen. Michael Moore’s Opponent Kicked Out of Fundraiser
- PowerPlayer: State Senator Michael Moore
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Michael Moore: It is Time to Comply with REAL ID
- Senator Moore Boosting Small Businesses