Warren in Worcester to Celebrate the Fourth
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
The park opens at 6:00 pm with Kids Korner activities and food vendors. A ceremonial flag raising will begin the celebrations at 7:45 pm followed by a performance by the acclaimed Massachusetts Symphony Orchestra as part of their Summer Concert Series at 8:00 pm.
Warren supporters are also organizing efforts in Hopkinton and other towns across the state.
Brown Nowhere Near
Unless you plan on heading to the coastal region of the Commonwealth, you won't be seeing Senator Scott Brown on Independence Day. According to his press secretery, Brown will be attending three parades on the 4th, in Wakefield, Duxbury, and Plymouth.
A Politically Packed Parade
If you're ready for some polical fireworks, you should visit "America's Hometown" of Plymouth. Both Warren and Brown are scheduled to be at the parade this year. The event's organizing group, July 4 Plymouth, was founded when the town could no longer afford to pay for the annual parade and celebrations.
For other local Fourth of July activities, check out our list of festivities in the area. If fireworks aren't your favorite way to celebrate the nation's birthday, read about other festivities in the area.
- What the Polls Are Saying About Brown v. Warren
- Brown and Warren Battle Over Use of Wall Street Money
- Elizabeth Warren MIA in Central Mass
- NEW: Warren Agrees To Debate in Worcester
- Who is More Worcester? Brown or Warren
- Will Warren, Brown Debate in Central Mass?
- Central Mass Donors Favor Brown Over Warren
- Washington Expert Says Blunders May Decide Brown v Warren Race
- Hopkinton #4: Central MA’s Best Communities
- MA Top Ten Best Communities
- Worcester #1: Central MA’s Best Communities