RE/MAX New England: Pending Sales in Massachusetts Are Up
Friday, December 19, 2014
Massachusetts also saw a 6.8% decrease in transactions* and a 4.5% increase in median price of real estate.
“We expect to see home sales trailing off in the fourth quarter as we get into these cold winter months,” says Dan Breault, EVP/Regional Director of RE/MAX of New England. “The good news is that prices are holding steady across the region and homes are staying on the market fewer days than a year ago.”
New England's overall yearly real estate sales have dropped by 8% and pending sales were down 20.4% from last November.
Across New England, median prices rose year-over-year in every state except Maine, which was down by 1%. Month-over-month, prices held steady, increasing 0.5% on average.
*Transactions are the total number of closed residential (single family and condo) transactions during the given month.
About RE/MAX of New England
Since its inception in 1985, RE/MAX of New England has grown to over 200 offices and 2,700 sales associates throughout Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts,New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont, providing franchised residential and commercial real estate services to its franchisees and their real estate professionals.
RE/MAX of New England is owned by RE/MAX INTEGRA, a privately-held company headquartered in Toronto, Canada. RE/MAX INTEGRA is the largest sub-franchisor of RE/MAX, LLC worldwide, and represents 28,000 agents and approximately 30 percent of RE/MAX, LLC. For more information about RE/MAX of New England or RE/MAX INTEGRA, visit the RE/MAX of New England blog at www.remaxne.com and follow us on Twitter at @REMAXNE. RE/MAX is proud to help raise millions of dollars and support local charitable organizations including Susan G. Komen for the Cure and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- NEW: RE/MAX New England 2013 Housing Forecast Projects Growth
- RE/MAX Report: Time to Sell Your Home in MA
- NEW: Mass. Home Sales Up 20.7% In RE/MAX July Housing Report
- RE/MAX Reports 36.3% Increase in Pending MA Home Sales for March
- RE/MAX Housing Report Finds Growth in New England
- NEW: RI Real Estate Bucks National Trend - Up
- NEW: Disciplinary Action Taken Against Shrewsbury Real Estate Agent
- NEW: Lila Delman Real Estate Hosts Economic Summit
- Signs of Life in Commercial Real Estate Market
- RI Real Estate Report
- Making the Case for Real Estate
- PowerPlayer: Real Estate Agent David Stead
- Worcester Named a Hot Spot for Real Estate
- In Case You Missed It: Hottest Real Estate Towns in Central Mass.
- Worcester Real Estate Market Re-Emerging, Among Nation’s Best
- The 20 Hottest Real Estate Towns in Central Massachusetts