16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
Thursday, November 23, 2017
Not giving up without a fight ☘️ pic.twitter.com/BtaXq7ozXM— Boston Celtics (@celtics) November 23, 2017
The Celtics fell 104-98 to the Miami Heat on Wednesday night, ending the fourth-longest winning streak in team history. It is also the 22nd longest winning streak in NBA History.
The loss drops the Celtics to 16-3 on the season.
Celtics Rally Falls Short
The Celtics trial day as many as 18 points int he game, and were down by 14 halfway through the fourth quarter before nearly coming back again.
The Celtics went on a 13-0 run to cut Miami’s lead to 91-90 with 3:14 left to play.
Miami’s Dion Waiters would score the next six points, including a three that bounced off the top of the backboard, hit the rim and went in to put the Heat of 97-90.
The Celtics would not get closer than five points the rest of the way.
Kyrie Irving led the Celtics with 23 points, while Jayson Tatum added 18 points.
The Celtics return to action on Friday, November 24 when they host the Orlando Magic.
Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.
Cavs now own NBA’s longest winning streak following that Celtics loss to Heat.— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) November 23, 2017
Cavs have Celtics-Heat on in the locker room and half the team are sticking around to watch the finish intently. When Kyrie scored to make it 97-92, LeBron chimed in: “Hell of a finish. Beautiful”— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) November 23, 2017
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row