Annual George Street Bike Challenge for Major Taylor Set for July 22
Thursday, June 28, 2018
The race will take place on Sunday, July 22. Entry fee is $20.
Proceeds from the race will benefit the nonprofit Major Taylor Association.
George Street is a short, steep hill in Worcester that Major Taylor used to prepare before winning his1899 world cycling championship.
The race is one rider at a time against the clock.
Following the race, there will be a raffle drawing, with a big from Barney’s as the grand prize.
- Worcester Public Library to Host Major Taylor World Champion Program
- 10 Great Spring Bike Rides in Central Mass.
- Worcester Councilor Wants To Make City More Bike-Friendly
- Getting Out: Best Fall Bike Rides
- Getting Out: New England’s 10 Best Bike Trails
- Bike to Work Commuter’s Breakfast to Be Held in Worcester
- GETTING OUT: Fall Bike Ride Spots
- Best Spots for a Summer Bike Ride
- NEW: State Reps Bike to Work at State House
- Red Shed Brings Old-Fashioned Bike Shop to Olneyville
- Keeping Kids Safe on Bikes
- How Earn-a-Bike Solves Transportation Troubles in Worcester
- McGovern Leads Groundbreaking for New Bike Path in Worcester
- Off Your Bike: Four Helpful Stretches for the Bike Commuter
- McGovern Celebrates Installation of New Bike Exhibit in Worcester
- 14-Year-Old Boy Hit by Car While Riding Bike in Worcester
- Largest Bike-Sharing Platform in World to Launch in Worcester
- 15-Year-Old Boy on Bike in Critical Condition After Colliding With Car
- Whitcomb: Fire and Ice; A City for the ‘Middle Class’? Demeaning the FBI; Bike-Friendly URI
- Man Assaulted & Robbed While Riding His Bike in Worcester
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Bikes, Bush, and Merger Mega-Healthcare Collapse
- Worcester Juvenile Arrested for Driving Stolen Dirt Bike Recklessly
- Multiple Storage Units Broken Into, Dirt Bikes & ATVs Among Items Stolen
- Auburn Man Arrested After Operating Dirt Bike on City Street
- Worcester Man Arrested for Operating Dirt Bike Illegally
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car