Assumption College Names Marcoux Director of Athletics
Friday, May 18, 2018
"I am extremely honored to become the next director of athletics for Assumption College. I am committed to continuing the work that is ongoing at Assumption by the staff, faculty, and students. The College's commitment to academic and athletic excellence is impressive. The strategic plan for Assumption has athletics positioned to be a perennial power in the NE-10, regionally and nationally. Our student-athletes will strive to be the best they can academically, athletically and in the community. A diverse co-curricular experience which challenges our student-athletes to grow into future leaders is our goal,” said Marcoux.
She will begin her role on June 4.
Currently, the director of athletics at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Marcoux manages 500 student-athletes, a full-time staff of 30 and 23 Division III varsity programs and all recreation, fitness and intramural programs.
Marcoux earned a bachelor's of science in community health education and athletic training from Rhode Island College and a master's of science in athletic training from Indiana State University.
While a student-athlete at Rhode Island College, Marcoux was named Rhode Island College NCAA Woman of the Year; to the Who's Who Among College Students list; and earned the Rhode Island College Health, Physical Education Department Senior Faculty Award.
- United Way Hires Assumption Grad as New Community Relationships Manager
- Toronto Blue Jays Designate Assumption’s Colabello for Assignment
- Assumption College and Holy Cross Students to Attend Papal Mass in Philadelphia
- Worcester Economy Growth Slows, but is Stable Says Assumption Report
- MLB’s Colabello Headlines Assumption Hall of Fame Class
- UPDATE: Former Assumption College Student Charged With Bomb Threat
- NEW: Arrest Made In Assumption College Bomb Threat
- Central MA College Standout: Assumption College’s Samantha Minieri
- Assumption College Ranked Top Regional College by US News
- BREAKING: Assumption College is Being Evacuated Due to Bomb Threat
- UPDATE: Police Probing Assumption College After Bomb Threat
- 15 Who Made a Difference in 2015: Francesco Cesareo, President Assumption
- Assumption to Host Ecumenical Prayer for Christian Unity on Feb. 12
- Assumption to Show Documentary on Market Basket Family Feud
- Assumption College Receives 2nd Largest Gift in School’s History
- Spanish Diplomat Fernandez-Arias to Speak About Xenophobia at Assumption
- Assumption Students to Perform The Music Man at Hanover Theatre
- Assumption to Host Screening of Hiroshima Documentary “Paper Lanterns”
- Be Like Brit Co-Founder Gengel to Speak at Assumption College
- Gov. Baker Nominates Assumption Alum Lemire to MA Appeals Court
- Olympic Gold Medalist, Kayla Harrison, to Speak at Assumption
- Assumption Students to Make Walk For Mercy on Sunday
- Economic History Expert Hirschfeld PH.D. to Speak at Assumption College
- Assumption College Awards 693 Degrees at 99th Commencement Ceremony