Boys Hoops Friday Night Spotlight: St. John’s vs. Worcester South
Friday, February 01, 2013
St. John’s, No. 14 in this week’s ESPN Boston Top 25 boys hoops poll, is riding a five-game winning streak.
The Pioneers (9-3, 4-1 Central Mass. Conference) rely on a balanced offensive attack, with seven players averaging at least seven points per game. They are Ken Harrington (10.9), Adham Floyd (9.7), T.J. Kelly (9.7), Charlie Murray (8.3), Alex Fisher (7.7), Drew Vittum (7.6) and Davon Jones (7.1).
Worcester South (10-2, 2-1 Inter-High) has used a three-game winning streak to grab the No. 22 spot in the latest ESPN Boston rankings. The Colonels boast one of the region’s top players in Rod Milton, who ranks second in Central Mass. with a 23.5 scoring average.
St. John’s, which owns a 4-2 road record, will attempt to hand Worcester South its first loss at home, where the Colonels are 8-0.
- St. John’s Basketball Looking for 6th Consecutive Central Mass Title
- St. John’s Baseball Looks to Continue CMass Dominance
- Algonquin and St. John’s Meet in Lacrosse Championship Rematch
- GoLocal Game of the Week: St. John’s vs Longmeadow
- NEW: St. John’s Moves Up In ESPN Boston Boys Hoops Poll
- NEW: St. John’s Foley Joins Elite Company With 800th Victory