Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
Thursday, May 11, 2017
Bradley, who has been bothered by a hip pointer for the majority of the playoffs, knocked down 12 of 19 shots from the field while also grabbing six rebounds.
The Celtics take a 3-2 series lead with game six set for Friday night in Washington. If game seven is necessary, it will be on Monday in Boston.
In a series that has been all about runs, it was the Celtics who used a big run to take control of game six.
After the Wizards scored the first four points of the game, the Celtics scored 16 straight points capped off by a Bradley three with 7:07 left to play in the first quarter.
The Celtics run marked the fourth time in the series that a team has run off at least 16 straight points, three of those times happened in the first quarter.
Washington got to within eight, 16-8, with 5:14 to play in the quarter before Boston would extend their lead back to double figures.
The Wizards would never threaten the rest of the way, trailing by as much as 26 points in the fourth quarter.
Avery Bradley has his game flowing tonight. John Wall & the @WashWizards Do not— Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) May 11, 2017
- Celtics Sign Al Horford to 4-Year Deal
- Celtics Add 6 Players in 2016 NBA Draft
- Celtics’ Crowder Has One of Most Team Friendly Contracts in NBA
- Celtics Set to Face Cleveland in Battle for Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- Celtics Blown Out by Cleveland 114-91, Fall Out of 1st Place
- NEW: Boston Celtics Select Jaylen Brown With 3rd Pick in NBA Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Ante Zizic With the 23rd Pick in the NBA Draft
- Celtics Eliminated From The Playoffs After Game 6 Loss
- Celtics Extend Contracts of Both Danny Ainge & Brad Stevens
- The Boston Celtics & The 2016 NBA Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Guerschon Yabusele With the 16th Pick in the Draft
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102
- Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards