Bravehearts Add 8 Players For Upcoming Season
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Breakdown of Players
Pitcher Peter Bouvenzi will join the Bravehearts from the University of Richmond where he finished his freshman season.
Bouvenzi saw action in 6 games, including 3 starts for the Spiders and has recorded 21 strikeouts to just 9 walks in 22 innings.
He attended the Bancroft School in Worcester.
Pitcher Baylor LaPointe is a redshirt sophomore pitcher at LIU who played last season with UConn-Avery Point. he finished the year a record of 4-0 and a 0.26 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 35 innings.
Joe Mercadente is an outfielder from LIU who started 7 of the 8 games he played during the season.
Kevin Stone is a a pitcher from Harvard and made his first start against UMass-Amherst on March 15th. He went 5 innings and did not allow any runs.
Matt Rothenberg is an infielder from Harvard who batted .424 during his sophomore season with 5 RBIs and 6 runs scored in 10 games played.
Taylor Williams just finished his freshman season at Xavier and pitched 2.1 scoreless innings in his first appearance, striking out 6 batters.
Trey Schramm also comes to the Bravehearts from Xavier where he pitched 19 innings, racking up 10 strikeouts and an ERA of 3.79 in 8 games.
Lastly, Belmont University's Rafael Bournigal comes tot he Bravehearts after starting 18 of 20 games he played in, batting .317 with two home runs and 12 RBIs.
The Worcester Bravehearts baseball team is owned and operated by the Creedon family, who also own and operate Creedon and Co., Inc., a catering & tent and event rental equipment company in Worcester, MA. The Bravehearts ballclub is a franchise in the Futures Collegiate Baseball League (FCBL). The Bravehearts won the FCBL Championship in 2014 and 2015.
Related Slideshow: The History of Baseball in Central Massachusetts
Baseball and Central Mass. go way back - to the 1860s. The local historical landmarks range from Mudville to Hotel Vernon to Fitton Field. A version of these highlights is posted on the site of the new, yet-to-be-formally-named Worcester Baseballteam of the three-year-old Futures Collegiate Baseball League.
First Perfect Game
The first perfect game in the history of Major League Baseball was pitched in Worcester, on June 12, 1880, by J. Lee Richmond for the Worcester Worcesters – also known at various times as the Brown Stockings and the Ruby Legs - versus the Cleveland Blues at the Worcester Driving Park Grounds, located in the Worcester Agricultural Fairgrounds near Elm Park. Worcester joined the National League in 1880, replacing the failed Syracuse Stars.
NE Collegiate Baseball
A New England Collegiate Baseball League team played in Leominster from 1995 to 1999. Called the Central Mass. Collegians, they won the NECBL Championship in both 1995 and 1996, and During the 1995 season, they played a game against the Cuban National Youth Team in Worcester.
Wachusett Dirt Dawgs
The Wachusett Dirt Dawgs, who play at historic, and newly renovated, Doyle Field in Leominster, are a 2012 expansion franchise in the now-three-year-old Futures Collegiate Baseball League.The Dirt Dawgs’ 2013 season swung into action on June 5 with big expectations, but ended on August 8 with those hopes being dashed. They finished in the basement, with a record of 20-31 - 14 games behind first-place the Martha’s Vineyard Sharks (38-18). The team is owned by prominent Leominster businessman John Morrison, who also founded, owns and operates Fosta-Tek Optics in Leominster.
Last month, the Futures Collegiate Baseball League announced the formation of the Worcester Baseball franchise, which will play its first season next summer. The team is owned by the family that owns and operates Creedon and Co. The prominent Worcester catering service will be the food-and-beverage vendor at home games at Fitton Field, at the College of the Holy Cross. Through Octobert 25, Worcester Baseball is conducting a name-the-team competition.
- Bravehearts Release Schedule, Futures League Makes Changes
- Worcester Bravehearts Announce First Half of Roster for 2015
- Worcester Bravehearts ‘Heart Stove’ Event Draws 350 to Boys and Girls Club
- Worcester Bravehearts Get Set to Start Season
- Worcester Bravehearts to Host ‘Heart Stove’ for Boys and Girls Club
- Bravehearts Playoff Tickets On Sale Now
- Worcester Bravehearts To Host Fan Fest
- Worcester Bravehearts Unveil Brand New Mascot
- Worcester Bravehearts Clobber Seacoast Mavericks, Improve to 5-0
- Bravehearts Announce Fan Fest Date, Set for Season
- Bravehearts Add Five Impact Players to Roster
- Worcester Bravehearts Release 2016 Schedule
- 10 to Watch in 2016: Dave Peterson, General Manager Bravehearts
- Bravehearts Add 7 Massachusetts Players to 2016 Roster
- Worcester Bravehearts to Host 2016 Futures League All-Star Game
- Worcester Declares August 20 as Bravehearts Day, Will Celebrate with Rally
- WATCH VIDEO: Bravehearts Diving Catch Makes SportsCenter Top 10 Plays
- Worcester Bravehearts to Participate in Clean Living Forum
- Worcester Bravehearts Win FCBL Championship
- Bravehearts to Host Cape Cod League Team in Exhibition Game