Bravehearts Set to Host FCBL All-Star Game Tonight
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
The All-Star game and surrounding events will show off more than 50 top MLB prospects with scouts from all 30 MLB teams expected to attend as well as college coaches from all over New England.
Tickets to the All-Star game are $15 for reserved seats or $10 for general admission/standing room.
Entertainment Surrounding the Game
The Bravehearts have set up all kinds of entertainment surrounding the game including a Fitton Ave Fan Fest that begins at 4 p.m.
The national anthem will be sung by Bruins legend Rene Rancourt and the game will be followed by Fireworks.
Also part of the All-Star game experience will be appearances by former Worcester Bravehearts, local sports celebrities and a Tim Collins bobble head giveaway.
For more information on the entire night, and or to buy tickets, click here.
Related Slideshow: The History of Baseball in Central Massachusetts
Baseball and Central Mass. go way back - to the 1860s. The local historical landmarks range from Mudville to Hotel Vernon to Fitton Field. A version of these highlights is posted on the site of the new, yet-to-be-formally-named Worcester Baseballteam of the three-year-old Futures Collegiate Baseball League.
First Perfect Game
The first perfect game in the history of Major League Baseball was pitched in Worcester, on June 12, 1880, by J. Lee Richmond for the Worcester Worcesters – also known at various times as the Brown Stockings and the Ruby Legs - versus the Cleveland Blues at the Worcester Driving Park Grounds, located in the Worcester Agricultural Fairgrounds near Elm Park. Worcester joined the National League in 1880, replacing the failed Syracuse Stars.
NE Collegiate Baseball
A New England Collegiate Baseball League team played in Leominster from 1995 to 1999. Called the Central Mass. Collegians, they won the NECBL Championship in both 1995 and 1996, and During the 1995 season, they played a game against the Cuban National Youth Team in Worcester.
Wachusett Dirt Dawgs
The Wachusett Dirt Dawgs, who play at historic, and newly renovated, Doyle Field in Leominster, are a 2012 expansion franchise in the now-three-year-old Futures Collegiate Baseball League.The Dirt Dawgs’ 2013 season swung into action on June 5 with big expectations, but ended on August 8 with those hopes being dashed. They finished in the basement, with a record of 20-31 - 14 games behind first-place the Martha’s Vineyard Sharks (38-18). The team is owned by prominent Leominster businessman John Morrison, who also founded, owns and operates Fosta-Tek Optics in Leominster.
Last month, the Futures Collegiate Baseball League announced the formation of the Worcester Baseball franchise, which will play its first season next summer. The team is owned by the family that owns and operates Creedon and Co. The prominent Worcester catering service will be the food-and-beverage vendor at home games at Fitton Field, at the College of the Holy Cross. Through Octobert 25, Worcester Baseball is conducting a name-the-team competition.
- Worcester Bravehearts Unveil Brand New Mascot
- Worcester Bravehearts Clobber Seacoast Mavericks, Improve to 5-0
- Bravehearts Playoff Tickets On Sale Now
- WATCH VIDEO: Bravehearts Diving Catch Makes SportsCenter Top 10 Plays
- Worcester Bravehearts to Participate in Clean Living Forum
- Bravehearts Add 7 Massachusetts Players to 2016 Roster
- Bravehearts to Host Cape Cod League Team in Exhibition Game
- Bravehearts Add 8 Players For Upcoming Season
- Bravehearts Name J.P. Pyne as New Manager
- 10 to Watch in 2016: Dave Peterson, General Manager Bravehearts
- Bravehearts Announce Fan Fest Date, Set for Season
- Bravehearts Add Five Impact Players to Roster
- Bravehearts Release Schedule, Futures League Makes Changes
- Worcester Bravehearts to Host ‘Heart Stove’ for Boys and Girls Club
- Worcester Bravehearts To Host Fan Fest
- Worcester Bravehearts Win FCBL Championship
- Worcester Declares August 20 as Bravehearts Day, Will Celebrate with Rally
- Worcester Bravehearts to Host 2016 Futures League All-Star Game
- Worcester Bravehearts Release 2016 Schedule
- Bob Lobel to be Radio Play-by-Play Man for Worcester Bravehearts
- Worcester Bravehearts ‘Heart Stove’ Event Draws 350 to Boys and Girls Club
- Worcester Bravehearts Announce First Half of Roster for 2015
- Worcester Bravehearts Get Set to Start Season