Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Boston was led by Jaylen Brown, who poured in 23 points, while rookie Jayson Tatum added 22 points.
Celtics Pull Away
Leading by one, 13-12 with 4:15 to play in the first quarter, Jaylen Brown knocked down a three from 28 feet to spark a 10-0 Celtics run and push the lead to 23-12 with 1:45 to play in the quarter.
In the second quarter, the Celtics would continue to build their lead.
With 7:06 to play, Shane Larkin knocked down a three to give Boston a 20 point lead, 43-23. They would take a 54-33 lead into the half.
The Celtics would maintain a double-digit lead the entire second half and cruise to the win.
The Celtics return to action on Thursday, October 26 when they visit Milwaukee.
Game time is set for 8 p.m.
Jayson Tatum just scored 10 straight points, then assisted on three more, to push the Celtics ahead of the Knicks 43-23 with 7:05 left in 1Q— Marc D'Amico (@Marc_DAmico) October 25, 2017
Per Celtics PR: Tatum (22) & Brown (20) are the 1st C's duo ever to score 20+ pts at 21 y/o or younger in same game in team history (Elias)— Celtics on NBCSB (@NBCSCeltics) October 25, 2017
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season