Bruins Cruise Past Maple Leafs 5-1 in Game 1
Friday, April 13, 2018
The Bruins grabbed a 1-0 lead in the series with game two set for Saturday night in Boston.
Bruins Take Control in 2nd
With the game tied at one in the second period, Boston’s David Backes snapped the tie with just under five minutes to play with a power-play goal off a pass from David Krejci to give the Bruin a 2-1 lead.
Boston would add to their lead in the final minute of the period when David Pastrnak found the back of the net off a pass from Brad Marchand to put the Bruins up 3-1.
In the third, it was more Bruins.
Sean Kuraly made it 4-1 just 7:41 into the period and David Krejci added a power-play goal to give the Bruins their winning margin.
Potential Suspension for Toronto’s Kadri
Late in the third period with the game out of reach, Toronto’s Nazem Kadri was thrown out of the game following a dirty hit on Boston’s Tommy Wingels.
The hit resulted in Kadri getting a five minute major for charging and a ten-minute misconduct.
According to the NHL Player Safety’s twitter account, Kadri will have a hearing on Friday for the hit and could result in him being suspended for game two.
Game two between the Bruins and Maple Leafs is set for Saturday, April 14 at 8 p.m. at TD Garden.
- 10 Reasons Why We Need the Bruins and Celtics to Make the Playoffs
- Bruins’ East Coast Team Could be Destined for DCU Center
- Sharks Drop 2nd Straight to Bruins, Fall 3-0
- NEW: Bruins Relieve GM Chiarelli of Duties
- NEW: Boston Bruins Name Don Sweeney General Manager
- Gronkowski Spikes Hockey Puck Prior to Bruins Game
- Sharks Get Back on Track, Beat Bruins 3-2
- Sharks Snap Losing Streak, Beat P-Bruins 5-2
- Sharks Cap Weekend by Beating Bruins 3-1
- Lerg Scores on OT Penalty Shot, Sharks Defeat Bruins 4-3
- Bruins Chara Drops Tampa’s Paquette
- Major Roster Moves Overshadow Bruins Draft
- 10 Things to Watch During the 2015-2016 Boston Bruins Season
- Bruins Shut Out by Senators 1-0 in Game 4, Trail Series 3-1
- Bruins Rally But Fall to Senators in OT 4-3 in Game 3
- Bruins Come Back to Beat Ottawa 3-2 in Double OT, Avoid Elimination
- Bruins Eliminated From Playoffs With 3-2 Loss to Senators in OT
- Bruins Select Finnish Defenseman Vaakanainen With 18th Pick in NHL Draft
- Bruins’ Marchand Suspended 2 Games by NHL for Spearing Tampa’s Dotchin
- Ex. Bruins Coach Julien Named Canadiens Head Coach
- Bruins Rank as 5th Most Valuable Franchise in NHL
- Bruins Marchand Suspended 3 Games - See The Hit
- Bruins Top Pick McAvoy Tweeted “I Hate The Bruins So Much” in 2013
- Bruins Fire Head Coach Julien
- NEW: Boston Bruins Sign Acciari to Two-Year Deal Worth $725K Annually