Bruins Top Pick McAvoy Tweeted “I Hate The Bruins So Much” in 2013
Saturday, June 25, 2016
In the ultimate display of karma, irony or whatever other word you want to put it in, Boston Bruins 2016 draft pick Charlie McAvoy tweeted "I hate the bruins so much" in 2013.
In fairness, McAvoy was 15-years-old at the time and a fan of the New York Rangers who at the time of the tweet, trailed the Bruins 3-0 in a playoff series. Boston ended up winning the series 4-1 and would advance to the Stanley Cup Final that season.
McAvoy has since deleted the tweet.
McAvoy, 18, is a defenseman out of Boston University where he had 3 goals and 25 points in 37 games for BU.
McAvoy was the Bruins highest rated defensemen.
Bruins 2nd Pick
With the 29th pick in the NHL Draft the Bruins went offense and took Trent Frederic, a center from the U.S. National Team Development Program
Frederic was ranked 47th among North American skaters by the NHL Central Scouting Bureau.
Frederic was the 12th US-born player taken in the first round, and the 5th player taken in the 2016 first round from the St. Louis area.
- Worcester Sharks Beat Providence Bruins in Overtime Thriller
- Milan Lucic’s Handshake Antics After Bruins Lose Game 7 to Habs
- Sharks Score Three in Third, Beat Bruins 4-2
- Bruins Griffith Scores on Crazy No Look Between the Legs Shot
- Sharks Snap Losing Streak, Beat P-Bruins 5-2
- Bruins Start Series with Canadians Tonight
- Can The Bruins Win The Cup?
- Bob Lobel: Bruins- How Tweet It Is
- Bruins, Blackhawks fight to finish in OT thriller
- GoLocal Sports tackles Hernandez, Bruins and more
- Sharks Cap Weekend by Beating Bruins 3-1
- Lerg Scores on OT Penalty Shot, Sharks Defeat Bruins 4-3
- NEW: Boston Bruins Name Don Sweeney General Manager
- NEW: Bruins Relieve GM Chiarelli of Duties
- Major Roster Moves Overshadow Bruins Draft
- 10 Things to Watch During the 2015-2016 Boston Bruins Season
- Bruins Rank as 5th Most Valuable Franchise in NHL
- Sharks Drop 2nd Straight to Bruins, Fall 3-0
- 10 Reasons Why We Need the Bruins and Celtics to Make the Playoffs
- Bruins Chara Drops Tampa’s Paquette
- Sharks Get Back on Track, Beat Bruins 3-2
- Gronkowski Spikes Hockey Puck Prior to Bruins Game
- Bruins’ East Coast Team Could be Destined for DCU Center
- Bruins Marchand Suspended 3 Games - See The Hit