Caldwell Issued Red Card, Revolution Fall to D.C. United 2-0
Monday, August 20, 2018
The loss drops the Revs to 7-9-8 overall, while D.C. United improves to 7-9-6 overall.
Revs Get Shut Out
D.C. United got on the board in the 13th minute when Luciano Acosta found the back of the net in row 13th minute to put United up 1-0.
Despite a second-half surge, the Revolution were unable to find a goal despite nine shots on goal in the game.
In the 73rd minute, Revolution midfield Scott Caldwell was issued a red card for unsportsmanlike conduct.
He will now serve a one-game suspension.
In the 89th minute, D.C. United would seal the win on a goal by Zoltan Stieber to give D.C. United a 2-0 lead.
They would hold on to win.
The Revolution return to action on Saturday, August 25 when they visit the Philadelphia Union.
Game time is set for 7 p.m.
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia 2-0 in Season Opener
- Revolution Blank Houston 2-0
- Revolution Fall 1-0 to FC Dallas
- Revolution, Columbus Crew Play to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Name Friedel New Head Coach
- Blackstone Valley Tech to Host Screening of Documentary on Gender Revolution
- Revolution Fall 7-0 to Atlanta, Remain Winless on Road
- Revolution Fall 3-1 to Sporting KC, Remain Winless on Road
- Revolution Beat Toronto FC 2-1 in Final Minutes
- Revolution Fall to Orlando City FC 6-1
- Revolution Fall to Montreal 4-2
- Revolution Hold Off Toronto FC 3-2
- Revolution Edge D.C. United 3-2
- Revolution Play San Jose to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Play Seattle to 0-0 Draw
- Revolution Fall to Red Bulls 2-0