Celtics Cruise Past Cleveland 108-83 in Game 1 of Eastern Conference Finals
Monday, May 14, 2018
Boston was led by Jaylen Brown, who poured in 23 points on 9 of 16 shooting from the field.
Marcus Morris added 21 and Al Horford added 20.
The Celtics now lead the series 1-0 with game two set for Tuesday.
The Cav's LeBron James shot just 5 of 16. He was zero for five from the three-point range. One of James' worst playoff performances of his career.
Marcus Morris who had said before the series began that he was one of the best in the NBA at defending James, got credit for his performance.
"It's a team effort, man, it's not just me," Morris said. "Everybody played their part in guarding him. He's obviously the best player in the game, and you need multiple guys and a team to guard him an entire game. I just think we did a great job of that."
Celtics Cruise to Win
The Celtics opened the game on a 29-9 run capped off by a layup from Aron Baynes with 2:40 to play in the first quarter and never looked back.
The Celtics would lead 36-18 at the end of the first quarter and 61-35 at the half.
Boston would take a 78-64 lead into the final quarter with the Cavaliers having scored six straight points.
However, any Cleveland momentum was quickly stopped as the Celtics opened up the final Frame by scoring the first seven points capped off by a Jayson Tatum layup to take an 85-64 lead.
Cleveland never threatened the rest of the way.
Game 2 Upcoming
Game two of the series is set for Tuesday, May 16 at TD Garden
Game time is set for 8:30 p.m.
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- Rozier & Tatum Lead Celtics Past 76ers 117-101 in Game 1
- Celtics Beat Bucks 112-96 in Game 7
- Celtics Rally From 22 Points Down To Beat 76ers 108-103 in Game 2
- Horford’s Layup Lifts Celtics to 101-98 Win in Game 3
- Celtics Fall to 76ers 103-92 in Game 4
- Celtics Fall to Bucks 97-86 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Saturday Night in Boston
- Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- Celtics Edge 76ers 114-112 in Game 5, Advance to Eastern Conference Finals