Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Brad Stevens has the worst record of any Celtics coach in history through 12 playoff games, with a record of 2-10.
Chicago is the first 8 seed in NBA history to have a 2-0 series lead in a best of seven series.
Celtics Can’t Keep Pace
After the Celtics opened the game by taking a 7-0 and then 9-3 lead, before the Bulls took over with a 20-4 run.
Boston would hold a brief 34-33 lead in the second quarter before Chicago again pulled away, using a 14-4 run to take a 47-38 lead with 4:43 left in the half.
The Celtics would get back within nine, 91-82 in the fourth quarter before the Bulls would push their lead up to 19 points.
They would go on to win easily.
Game 3 of the series is set for Friday night in Chicago.
- Celtics Look to Get Back in Series on Home Court
- Another Slow Start Dooms Celtics in Game 2
- Thomas Drops 42 as Celtics Beat Hawks 111-103 in Game 3
- Celtics Beat Atlanta 104-95 to Tie Series
- Atlanta Pours in 42 3rd Quarter Points to Beat Celtics 110-83 in Game 5
- Inside The Matchup: Celtics vs. Hawks, Game 2
- Celtics Lose Game 1 to Atlanta, Potentially Avery Bradley as Well
- Inside The Matchup: Pelicans vs. Celtics
- Inside The Matchup: Hornets vs. Celtics
- In Battle for Home Court, Celtics Face Must Win vs. Miami Tonight
- Inside The Matchup: Celtics vs. Hawks, Game 1
- Celtics Eliminated From The Playoffs After Game 6 Loss
- Celtics Extend Contracts of Both Danny Ainge & Brad Stevens
- Celtics Set to Face Cleveland in Battle for Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- Celtics’ Crowder Has One of Most Team Friendly Contracts in NBA
- Celtics Blown Out by Cleveland 114-91, Fall Out of 1st Place
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Celtics Sign Al Horford to 4-Year Deal
- Celtics Add 6 Players in 2016 NBA Draft
- The Boston Celtics & The 2016 NBA Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Guerschon Yabusele With the 16th Pick in the Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Ante Zizic With the 23rd Pick in the NBA Draft
- NEW: Boston Celtics Select Jaylen Brown With 3rd Pick in NBA Draft
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102