Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
Monday, May 08, 2017
Boston’s Isaiah Thomas scored 17 points in the first half, but only had two points in the entire second half.
It is the first time in his playoff career that he has scored less than 20 points in consecutive games.
Bradley Beal led the Wizards with 29 points, while John Wall added 27 points and 12 assists.
Wizards Second Half Surge Beats Celtics
With the game tied at 48 at the beginning of the second half, the Boston Celtics scored the first five points capped off by an Amir Johnson three to take a 53-48 lead.
From that point, the Washington Wizards would take over.
The Wizards would go on a 26-0 run capped off by an Otto Porter Jr. layup to take a commanding 74-53 lead with five minutes left in the quarter.
Boston helped Washington run by turning the ball over nine times in the quarter, resulting in 21 Wizards points.
Washington would lead by as many as 26 points in the game and outscored the Celtics 237-191 in the two games in Washington.
Game 5 in Boston
The series now turns into a best of three with game five is set for Wednesday night at the TD Garden in Boston.
Tip-off is set for 8 p.m.
- Celtics Add 6 Players in 2016 NBA Draft
- NEW: Boston Celtics Select Jaylen Brown With 3rd Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Sign Al Horford to 4-Year Deal
- Celtics’ Crowder Has One of Most Team Friendly Contracts in NBA
- Celtics Set to Face Cleveland in Battle for Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- NEW: Celtics Select Ante Zizic With the 23rd Pick in the NBA Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Guerschon Yabusele With the 16th Pick in the Draft
- Atlanta Pours in 42 3rd Quarter Points to Beat Celtics 110-83 in Game 5
- Celtics Eliminated From The Playoffs After Game 6 Loss
- Celtics Extend Contracts of Both Danny Ainge & Brad Stevens
- The Boston Celtics & The 2016 NBA Draft
- Celtics Blown Out by Cleveland 114-91, Fall Out of 1st Place
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102
- Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3