Celtics Rally From 22 Points Down To Beat 76ers 108-103 in Game 2
Friday, May 04, 2018
Boston got 21 points from Jayson Tatum, 20 from Terry Rozier and 19 from Marcus Smart in the win.
Jaylen Brown returned to the lineup after missing game one with a hamstring injury and poured in 13 points off the bench.
The Celtics now lead the series 2-0 as it shifts to Philadelphia.
Celtics Rally Past 76ers
After the Celtics held a lead going into the fourth quarter, Boston would find themselves trailing 93-88 with 5:48 left in regulation.
From that point, the Celtics went on an 11-2 run capped off by a Rozier three to take a 99-95 lead with 3:36 to play in the game.
After the 76ers cut Boston’s lead to two, 99-97, Boston would score the next five points capped off by two free throws by Smart to make a 104-97 lead with 1:57 to go.
The 76ers cut Boston’s lead to three, 104-101, with 31 seconds to play when Horford blew by Philadelphia’s Joel Embid to convert an open lay-up to put the Celtics up 106-101.
Tatum hit two free throws in the final seconds to seal the win.
Celtics Storm Back
The Celtics trailed by as much as 22 points, 48-26, with 6:20 left to play in the first half before rallying.
Sparked by threes from Smart, Tatum, and Brown, Boston closed the half on a 25-8 run to go into the locker room railed 56-51.
In the third quarter, Boston would grab their first lead of the game, 64-63, on a three by Aaron Baynes.
Boston would take a 79-75 lead into the fourth quarter.
Game 3 Upcoming
Game three is set for Saturday, May 5 in Philadelphia.
Game time is set for 5 p.m.
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
- Celtics Fall to Bucks 97-86 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Saturday Night in Boston
- Celtics Beat Bucks 112-96 in Game 7
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- Rozier & Tatum Lead Celtics Past 76ers 117-101 in Game 1