Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
Friday, June 23, 2017
Tatum is a 6’8” forward who averaged 17 points and 7 rebounds in his one season at Duke University.
After missing the first eight games of the season with an injury, Tatum helped lead Duke to an ACC Championship where he poured in 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds in the championship game.
Tatum helped Duke advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament where they lost to South Carolina. Tatum had 15 points in that game.
NBA Draft 2017
The Celtics had the number one overall pick in the draft before trading it to Philadelphia for the number three pick earlier this week.
The 76ers selected Markelle Fultz with the first pick in the draft.
The Los Angeles Lakers took UCLA guard Lonzo Ball with the number two overall pick.
The Celtics have three picks in the second round.
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102
- Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft