Celtics Select Texas A&M’s Williams With 27th Overall Pick in NBA Draft
Friday, June 22, 2018
Williams is a 6'9" forward with a 7'6" wingspan.
He gives the Celtics depth up front behind Al Horford, Aron Baynes, and Daniel Theis, who is returning from injury.
Williams at Texas A & M
With the Aggies in 2017-18, Williams averaged ten points and nine rebounds per game to help lead them to the NCAA Tournament's Sweet 16, before losing to Michigan.
He shot 63% from the field, but only 47% from the free throw line.
In two seasons with Texas A&M, Williams played 61 games with Texas A&M averaging 11 points and 8.7 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks per game.
He was named SEC Defensive Player of the Year both seasons.
No 2nd Round Pick
The Celtics do not have a second-round pick at the moment as their pick went to Oklahoma City in a 2015 trade.
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
- Celtics Fall to Bucks 97-86 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Saturday Night in Boston
- Five Reasons the Celtics Won Game #2 Against the Cavs and LeBron
- Celtics Cruise Past Cleveland 108-83 in Game 1 of Eastern Conference Finals
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 116-86 in Game 3
- Celtics Cruise Past Cleveland 96-83 in Game 5, Lead Series 3-2
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 109-99 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Sunday in Boston
- Celtics Edge 76ers 114-112 in Game 5, Advance to Eastern Conference Finals
- Celtics Fall to 76ers 103-92 in Game 4
- Celtics Beat Bucks 112-96 in Game 7
- Rozier & Tatum Lead Celtics Past 76ers 117-101 in Game 1
- Celtics Rally From 22 Points Down To Beat 76ers 108-103 in Game 2
- Horford’s Layup Lifts Celtics to 101-98 Win in Game 3
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 87-79 in Game 7