Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
Thursday, August 31, 2017
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Celtics are sending a 2020 second-round pick (from Miami) along with the already agreed upon package of Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and Brooklyn’s 2018 first round pick.
Cleveland had until 10 a.m. on Thursday, August 31 to void the trade following Thomas’ physical.
Questions About Thomas’ Hip
The trade was delayed and nearly voided after Cleveland became uncertain about Thomas’ injured hip.
Thomas suffered a hip injury in the playoffs last season, forcing him to miss the rest of the Eastern Conference finals.
He has been rehabilitating it since his season ended.
If the trade had been voided, the Celtics would have gotten Thomas, Crowder, Zizic and the Nets 2018 first round pick back. Cleveland would have gotten Irving back.
According to reports, the Milwaukee Bucks were preparing to make an offer to Cleveland for Irving if the trade with the Celtics fell through.
Boston will send its 2020 second-round pick via Miami to Cavaliers to complete the trade, league sources said. Boston would budge no more.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 31, 2017
Have been told that Kyrie is "ecstatic" about the trade, looking forward to playing for Brad Stevens and understand the #Celtics tradition.— gary washburn (@GwashburnGlobe) August 31, 2017
Don't be shocked if #Celtics tried to schedule dual press conference with Irving AND Hayward. Everyone loves those jersey displaying photos.— Adam Kaufman (@AdamMKaufman) August 31, 2017
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards